Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA – Rwanda) is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization that works at the grassroots level. It’s a volunteer membership organisation for women. It was established in Rwanda in February 1995, following the genocide and in the response to the rising concern for the many widows and children left in its wake.
YWCA Rwanda was legally recognised by the Rwandan Government in September 2005 as Non-Governmental organisation and has the vision of seeing the world where all women live free from poverty and where they and their rights are respected – More information click here
Young Women’s Christian Association of Rwanda (YWCA Rwanda) in partnership with Global Communities will implement the “Improved Services for Vulnerable People (ISVP) program locally known as USAID/ TWIYUBAKE Program” which aims to assist vulnerable households in Kayonza District.
Specifically, the project aims at:
Increasing capacity of families and communities to provide better care for vulnerable individuals.
Improving household and community care and support practices for vulnerable populations especially children
Increasing access to education and social services for vulnerable populations
Therefore, YWCA Rwanda would like to recruit 6 qualified Community Development Officers who will help in the smooth implementation of this project and hereby invite all interested individuals to submit their applications to YWCA.
1. Community Development Officer
Under the direct Supervision of the Program Team Leader, the Community Development Officer’s responsibilities will be but not limited to:
• Conduct local needs assessment, mobilise community and identity eligible beneficiaries.
• Identify, based on criteria, household support recipients
• Establish local-level selection committees
• Sensitize, recruit and register a minimum of 2000 households from Kayonza District following the criteria established by the program.
• Complete household profile information for all households, at registration into program, this should include household GPS Coordinates
• Disseminate program information to potential community volunteers
• Sensitize, recruit and register volunteers from the assigned sectors
• Train community volunteers in positive masculinity, positive parenting, saving and lending methodology, akagoroba k’ababyeyi, adolescent sexual reproductive health and rights, GBV prevention, child protection, food security, community based psycho-social support, farmer field school (FFS) and Bio-intensive agriculture techniques (BIAT), family planning and deliver any other necessary program knowledge.
• Establishment, training and monitoring of umugoroba w’ababyeyi as per its module
• Assure regular mentoring of beneficiaries to achieve the improved quality of living
• Linking program beneficiaries to different service providers including health centers, hospital and others.
• To facilitate linkages and relationship between the beneficiaries and financial institutions (MFIs) and Umurenge Sacco
• To work closely with district and sector leaders and group leaders (saving groups, FFS, other program groups) in making the program more beneficial to beneficiaries.
• To be responsible for monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the programme activities and impact
• To coordinate field activities for the research consultants
• Conduct any other task provided by the supervisor.
Teamwork Skills – Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with beneficiaries, staff and partners.
Organization and Quality Orientation – Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
Decision Making – Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision making skills.
Communication Skills – Strong spoken and written communication skills.
Creativity and Innovation – Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of management and coordination issues.
Ability to Learn – Willingness to keep abreast of new developments.
Lives and Breathes Values – Takes ownership for all responsibilities and honors commitments
Integrity – Commitment to following YWCA values
Qualification and requirements
Bachelors Degree or University Diploma or equivalent in project management, development studies, social sciences, Public health, Education or related field with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in Local or International Non-Governmental organizations
Experience working with community members in particular with women’s groups; having worked or volunteered with women’s groups supported by YWCA and Global Communities would be an added value;
Good experience in household assessment with good computer literacy; having used GPS would be an advantage;
Excellent writing and oral skills in English is highly required,
Flexibility and adaptability
Be innovative and self-starter
Excellent reporting skills;
Knowing well or having worked in Kayonza district would is added value
Motorcycle driving licence will be an added value.
Interested candidates will send their applications including motivated letter, detailed CV, copies of degrees and certificates showing their prior experience. All applications should be addressed to YWCA President. Only soft copies are allowed to be submitted. Interested candidates will send their documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com , and no later than 3rd September 2015 at 5:00PM. NB: Female Candidates are encouraged
Done at Kigali on 20th August, 2015.
In the Same Section
- TERMS OF REFERENCE OF RECRUITING A...
- Terms of reference: Request for CVs...
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- CONSULTANCY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIESYoung..
- CONSULTANCY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
- Consultancy opportunity at YWCA...
- TERMES DE REFERENCES POUR RECRUTEMENT
- TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITMENT...
- JOB OPPORTUNITY: RECRUITEMENT OF A...
- TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE RECRUITMENT