JOB OPPORTUNITY: RECRUITEMENT OF A PROJECT MANAGER
Young Women’s Christian Association of Rwanda (YWCA Rwanda) in partnership with CARE International Rwanda implements the “Safe Schools for Girls (SS4G) project” that aims at achieving the long-term impact of: “Girls in low socio-economic status pursue their education up to the higher institutions”. This project will target 50,000 adolescent girls in lower secondary education (aged 12-18) in 180 schools as well as reaching 32,000 of boys in lower secondary in city of Kigali, Southern and Eastern provinces.
Specifically, the project aims at:
Reducing number of girls who drop out from school,
Increasing attendance and performance;
Increasing number of girls who transition from lower to upper secondary education.
This will contribute to the overall goal of ’’Adolescents, especially marginalized girls, build capabilities and pursue opportunities to realize their aspirations’’.
Therefore, YWCA Rwanda would like to recruit a Project Manager who will help in the smooth implementation of this project and hereby invite all interested individuals to submit their applications to YWCA.
Position: Project Manager
Under the direct Supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Project Manager’ s responsibilities will be but not limited to:
• Coordination of the project.
• Project budget follow up
• Represent YWCA in different meetings with donors and partners
• Maintain close relationship with partners
• The Project manager is responsible for on-the-ground preparations of both logistical aspects and content preparation in collaboration with Field Officers.
• Produce regular report ( Monthly, quarterly and annually)
• The Project Manager will participate in missions, planning meetings, evaluations or monitoring activities.
• To conduct the performance evaluation of SS4G field officers
• The Project Manager will also fulfill any other task that might be assigned by the superiors.
Teamwork Skills – Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with staff and partners.
Organization and Quality Orientation – Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
Decision Making – Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision making skills.
Communication Skills – Strong spoken and written communication skills.
Creativity and Innovation – Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of management and coordination issues.
Ability to Learn – Willingness to keep abreast of new developments.
Lives and Breathes Values – Takes ownership for all responsibilities and honors commitments
Integrity – Commitment to following YWCA values
Qualification and requirements
Bachelors Degree or equivalent in project management, development studies, social sciences, public health or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project management. A masters Having a master degree is an added value
Excellent writing and oral skills in English is highly required,
Flexibility and adaptability
Excellent reporting skills
Motorcycle driving licence and driving licence category B will be an added value.
Interested candidates will send their applications including Motivated letter , detailed CV, copies of degrees and certificates showing their prior experience. All applications should be addressed to YWCA President. Only soft copies are allowed to be submitted. Interested candidates will send their documents to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org , and no later than o1st December 2016 at 5:00PM. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Done at Kigali, on 30th, November, 2016.
In the Same Section
- TERMS OF REFERENCE OF RECRUITING A...
- Terms of reference: Request for CVs...
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- CONSULTANCY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIESYoung..
- CONSULTANCY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
- Consultancy opportunity at YWCA...
- TERMES DE REFERENCES POUR RECRUTEMENT
- TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITMENT...
- JOB OPPORTUNITY: RECRUITEMENT OF A...
- TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE RECRUITMENT